Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Oh, Unnecessary Stress...

With the long-awaited flight now only four short days away, I'm really beginning to feel it. Not to be grotesque, but I feel like a beheaded chicken running around in circles, so frantically is my mind going through check-lists and ideas and planning stages. I haven't even started packing, and that's a whole new ball game. There's a first-aid kit to booster, new clothes to buy, a certain shot/vaccine that is apparently far more important than any of us initially anticipated (I have an appointment to get mine on Thursday!). Basically, I just want to apologize ahead of time to any people who happen to run into me during a bad moment in the next three and a half days: It's not me snapping at you, it's the stress. Part of me wants to write all this down now so that I can laugh at myself at a later, calmer date. I know that two weeks from now I'll be sitting right in this chair wondering, "Wait, did it really already pass by? What happened?!?!?" Until that time though, I'll sit here and continue to make those lists and plan those plans.

I can't wait to finally be sitting "comfortably" (with my knees up to my throat most likely) in that airline seat, talking excitedly to the wonderful group of people that I've been given the chance to travel with. It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment