Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So far, still

So far, so good for Trinidad. It is a hot and beautiful place, although it is very poor and rural. The island has such a bad drought with rain, there are several forest fires everyday but nowhere near us. The people are very friendly here, but we think it is because we are the only white people in the island. Their food is absolutely incredible, probably the best food I have ever had. The best food that I had so far is called the Bake & Shark, pretty self explanatory. I'm sure that its ancestor, Jaws, is very upset with us when we ate him/her. Yesterday we went the Maracus Bay beach. It was beautiful and the water was very warm. Today, we went to a couple of Hindu temples and they were really cool. We also went on a swamp tour and we saw some snakes and birds. It was somewhat unsatisfying because I wanted to see crocodiles, but I took what I could get. I can't get over how cheap this place is. The most money that I have spent in one situation thus far has been $20 and that was for a meal at a restaurant we ate at tonight. Nicky Lee, the girl we are visiting, is very nice and her family has been amazing so far. All they care about is making sure we have fun and that we eat enough, two of my favorite things to do. There is so much to tell, but it would take too long to read. I did have a diarrhea scare this morning, but thanks to the Pepto Bismal, my butt was clean and ready to go. It is time to go to sleep. Got a big day volunteering tomorrow so I need to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment