Monday, March 8, 2010

Ouch!

Just came back from the doctor's office where I was lanced twice - once with yellow fever vaccine and the second time with typhoid vaccine. Thanks to these two shots and the variety of immunizations I got a few years ago - I should be good to go. I did find out a fun fact. It turns out that when you travel to places with yellow fever, the US immigration folks will kindly ask for proof of immunization upon your return. Sometimes, they might even choose to quarantine you if you can't produce proof of vaccination.

Other than that preparations seem to be on track. Went shopping to EMS to pick up a few last minute items and some super high strength bug repellent.

I have been in touch with Nikki and her folks a lot lately trying to figure out last minute details. Looks like it's going to be super hot in Trini while we're there. It has been nice here in NH the past few days (high 40's) but I don't know if I'm quite ready for a 50 degree jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment