Sunday, March 14, 2010

sick of sitting and ready for sun... trinidad or bust!!

I really think I am beginning to lose feeling to my lower body... cement floors were not made for a good night's sleep and hours of leisurely reading, although the ultra thin blankets and gauzy pillows provided by Delta do provide a little bit of relief at times. It's been interesting to see how creative people can get with so few resources to work with. Last night when we were still in Terminal 3, I saw a desperate Spanish family construct their own beds out of two silver rolling carts (normally used to carry luggage) and the Delta provisions. The Smithies are also quite ingenious when it comes to the construction of beds and lounging areas, as well as cuddling for body heat. Nothing says group bonding like that!

I didn't sleep at all last night but finally drifted off around 7:00 this morning. I woke up around 9:00 am due to cement floor induced discomfort, but after using my beach towel for extra padding, I was able to get in another two hours of shut-eye. For some reason, I'm really not that tired (and I'm an 8-hours-a-night kind of girl!) but it probably has to do with excitement. That 1:00 am flight to Trinidad is getting closer and closer (just about 8 hours away now... woo hoo!) The second I feel that 90 degree balmy air, all of the crazy experiences we've had thus far will be nothing more than a story to entertain friends and family with when we get back to the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment